I am having a Bank Holiday weekend full of smiles, laughs and out and out can’t breathe hilarity. This coincides with the start again of wonderful blogger and photographer Lara’s Instagram series 101 Things That Make Me Smile. Cue hashtag >>> #101thingsthatmakemesmile
And I’m including some of my 2019 Early Bank Holiday memories:
1. An enchanted masquerade charity ball at Dunstan Hall organised by two young women I am beyond proud to know – extended family members, Meg and Mary Elkin. They organised the ball to raise money in their cousin Tommy’s memory for Diabetes UK. It was every bit the enchanted evening their wonderful imaginations conceived.
2. Spending time with two of my own young people, Morgan and Hart, and Morgan’s boyfriend Ross. Ross’ super power is his ability to tune into the special brand of Fargo madness whilst adding a large soup spoon of his own quirk and wonderful sense of humour to the mix. These guys are THE BEST company.
3. Since christened “Guy In Colourful Hat,” I literally wet myself (no, I did) when this man (famous for wandering Norwich City streets with a bottle of rum and a well-rehearsed script of needing money to replace his lost guitar), was anxious for Ross and Hart to know: “It’s okay, I’m bisexual.” Give me an H for #Hilarious. Not sure about the lost guitar, but I see a comedy future for Guy in Colourful Hat.
4. Norwich went yellow and green crazy today celebrating Norwich City Football Club in the City Centre. Something about a promotion? Whilst I search for my caring face because, yes, I don’t “get it,” there is joy in watching others celebrate their passion. I got this sweet photo to prove the point.
5. Another memory in this bank holiday mix, is the fun I have had handing out leaflets for my upcoming appearance in Norwich Market. As The Cushion Maven, I have taken a stall (No. 12) for the next Late May Bank Holiday. I am proud to be showing and selling my work at Norwich Market, which was crowned in 2019 as Britain’s Best Large Outdoor Market. Do come and say hello as it would be wonderful to see you. I guarantee you a laugh or three.
It’s these moments between the grind which make up a life worth living, and I feel beyond grateful I have people dear to my heart to share these moments with – and a place to file them in plain sight with #101ThingsThatMakeMeSmile.
Until the next time, keep smiling! Mx